Job title: Regional Policy Officer
Reports to: Policy Director
Travel: 20-30% (mainly within Asia)
The Regional Policy Officer is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of FIA’s long term advocacy strategy and the delivery of key development goals as determined each year by the FIA Council and Executive Director.
He/she should have a strong focus on government affairs and public policy in Asia related to the food and beverage industry, with a particular emphasis on policy and regulatory developments in health and nutrition, trade policy and food safety.
He/she will work closely with the Policy Director to identify and develop partnerships with external stakeholders and maintain a proactive relationship with key opinion leaders in the public and private sector including regional trade bodies and national industry associations.
He/she is required to provide secretariat support to the FIA Public Affairs Committee to ensure that output is fully aligned to the organisation’s advocacy goals.
Advocacy & Communication:
The Policy Officer is responsible for the day-to-day analysis and management of FIA’s existing systems and processes that monitor, track and communicate significant developments and trends in the areas of food policy and regulation both in Asia and globally, that may impact FIA’s members.
He/she is required to work closely with the Policy Director to coordinate the design and delivery of appropriate communication tools and statements to address emerging issues in a timely, responsible manner; and ensure output is fully aligned to the organisation’s advocacy goals in order that FIA and the industry is consistently presented in a strong, positive light to relevant stakeholders.
The Policy Officer may at times be required to represent FIA at appropriate forums, conferences and public meetings.
• Support the implementation, and evaluation of policy objectives and of the FIA Strategic Plan in collaboration with the relevant FIA Committees.
• Support FIA’s policy and advocacy efforts and other activities as required.
• Monitor, collate and analyse industry trends and activities worldwide, working in partnership with the Communications Team.
• Contribute to the design of policy tools and collaborative activities for national industry associations and external stakeholders.
• Support the Policy Director manage FIA’s issues-management strategy and coordinate appropriate crisis response procedures as required.
• Coordinate with the communications team on the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral related to FIA’s policy work and ensure appropriate content is uploaded in the policy section of the FIA website.
• Provide Secretariat support to the FIA Public Affairs Committee and relevant Working Groups.
Skills and experience:
• A degree in a related field
• Minimum 1 to 2-years’ experience
• Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
• Experience for an industry association, F&B MNC or related organisation
• Exceptional negotiation skills with the ability to engage high level stakeholders
• Regional exposure to multiple Asian countries, languages and political systems
• Superb communication skills (verbal & written) in English
• Tact and diplomacy, with the ability to make professional, intuitive judgments
• A working knowledge of food policy, nutrition and food industry regulations
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel
• Positive attitude, creative thinker and outstanding attention to detail
• Working hours: Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm
• Location: 1 Scotts Road, Shaw Centre #19-07/08, Singapore 228208
• Applicants able to start within short notice will have added advantage
Interested and suitable candidates please forward your resume with your recent photograph and reason for leaving your current position, as well as current and expected salary to [email protected]
. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.