FIA is a non-profit industry association and a leading advocate of the food industry in Asia. From our office in Singapore, we represent and promote the views of major food and drink companies throughout Asia, providing a regional hub for policy dialogue and development.
At the heart of FIA’s philosophy lies a belief that the private sector can play a more positive role in civil society if it has a seat at the table. To this end, FIA uses science-based advocacy and industry best practice to help shape public policy in Asia.
Our members are multinational food companies and associations who share common values on food standards, international competitiveness and the delivery of public health outcomes that are relevant to their products. Through FIA, they are committed to building relationships with governments and policy makers, either directly or through the existing network of local industry groups.
: Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager
: Executive Director
: Mon-Fri 9-6PM
: FIA Secretariat Office, 1 Scott’s Road, Singapore 228208
: 20-30% (mainly within Asia)
The Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager
reports directly to the Executive Director and provides expert guidance and technical support to the organisation and its Standing Committees. As a senior executive within the Association, the SRA Manager plays a highly visible role in representing the food industry in Asia and will be recognised as a leading authority on food science and regulatory developments in the region
Based on his/her knowledge of food science and legislation, the SRA Manager will be responsible for researching and formulating reports and position papers that will underpin the strategic objectives of the organisation. Once formulated, these positions will form the back bone of FIA's outreach and advocacy programme in which the SRA Manager will be directly engaged.
- Leading the secretariat functions of the FIA Science & Technical Committee and providing proactive technical guidance to other Committees and Working Groups as required.
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive database of relevant (regional and national) regulatory developments on topics such as nutrition labelling; health claims; new product registration; compositional and quality standards – with a major focus on ASEAN.
- Keeping abreast of global political and regulatory developments that are relevant to FIA members, including the implementation of national action plans on Non-Communicable Diseases.
- Rendering global and national policy developments into measured, strategic advice and guidance for FIA Committees.
- Managing the Secretariat for the ASEAN Food & Beverage Alliance (AFBA) and acting as primary technical adviser and spokesperson as required.
- Representing the industry and FIA/AFBA at relevant, conferences, seminars and scientific forums and becoming a recognised and trusted authority in the region.
- Creating and maintaining effective relationships with government officials and competent authorities, including WHO and FAO offices throughout Asia.
- Supporting the roll out of voluntary industry guidelines on front of pack nutrition labelling, using the industry GDA Toolkit.
- Conducting national and regional industry seminars and workshops on the role of industry self-regulation.
- Developing and implementing internal and external research projects with appropriate academic partners, including systematic literature reviews and national consumption surveys.
- Developing and maintaining a network of contacts in industry associations, institutions, the private sector and regulatory consultancies.
- Monitoring, collating and analysing industry trends and activities worldwide by representing FIA on relevant working groups and committees, including the International Food & Beverage Alliance (IFBA), The Consumer Goods Forum (CGF) and other relevant industry bodies.
- Assisting with communication and advocacy efforts and other FIA events and activities.
Skills and Experience
- Advanced degree in food/nutrition sciences
- Minimum 5 years industry experience, preferentially in the food sector.
- Strong planning and organisational skills with a passion for scientific integrity
- Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to convene high level debates
- Strategic thinker and problem-solver with good analytical skills
- Regional exposure to multiple Asian countries, languages and political systems
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), in English
- Tact and diplomacy, with the ability to make professional, intuitive judgments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel
- Positive attitude, creative thinker and outstanding attention to detail
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV to [email protected]
. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
FIA issues regular e-bulletins with analysis on relevant food and beverage industry issues across the region. To subscribe to this service, please click here.