FIA is a non-profit industry association and a leading advocate of the food industry in Asia. From our office in Singapore, we represent and promote the views of major food and drink companies throughout Asia, providing a regional hub for policy dialogue and development.
At the heart of FIA’s philosophy lies a belief that the private sector can play a more positive role in civil society. To this end, FIA uses science-based advocacy and industry best practice to help shape public policy in Asia.
Our members are multinational food companies and associations who share common values on food standards, international competitiveness and the delivery of public health outcomes that are relevant to their products. Through FIA, they are committed to building relationships with governments and policy makers, either directly or through the existing network of local industry groups.
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious person to join our growing policy team at FIA.
: Regional Policy Manager
20-30% (mainly within Asia)
The Policy Manager is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of FIA’s long term advocacy strategy and driving the delivery of key development goals as determined each year by the FIA Council and Executive Director.
He/she should have a strong focus on government affairs and public policy in Asia with a particular emphasis on policy and regulatory developments in nutrition and health, trade policy and food safety.
He/she will be a principal contact for external stakeholders and is required to maintain a proactive relationship with key opinion leaders in the public and private sector including regional trade bodies and national industry associations, as well as IGOs and NGOs.
The Policy Manager has responsibility to help develop enlightened public policies as well as sustainable partnerships and innovative programmes to enhance nutrition and health, trade and food safety.
He/she is required to provide secretariat support to the FIA Public Affairs Committee to ensure that output is fully aligned to the organisation’s advocacy goals.
Advocacy & Communication:
The Policy Manager is responsible for developing and implementing systems and processes to monitor, track and communicate significant developments and trends in the areas of food policy and regulation that may impact on FIA’s members.
He/she is required to work closely with other FIA Policy Managers and external consultants to coordinate the design and delivery of appropriate communication tools and statements to address emerging issues in a timely, responsible manner; and ensure output is fully aligned to the organisation’s advocacy goals and that FIA and the industry is consistently presented in a strong, positive light to relevant stakeholders.
The Policy Manager may at times be required to represent FIA at appropriate forums, conferences and public meetings, acting as spokesperson when required.
Skills and Experience:
- Support with the development, implementation, and evaluation of policy objectives and of the FIA Strategic Plan in collaboration with the relevant FIA Committees.
- Lead some policy and advocacy efforts and other FIA activities.
- Monitoring, collating and analysing industry trends and activities worldwide by representing FIA on relevant working groups and committees, including the International Food & Beverage Alliance (IFBA), The Consumer Goods Forum (CGF) and other relevant industry bodies.
- Rendering global and national policy developments into measured, strategic advice and guidance for FIA Committees
- Build sustainable relationships with affiliated groups to further the growth of FIA.
- Maintain a stakeholder database, with all relevant contacts in Asia.
- Contribute to the design of policy tools and collaborative activities for national industry associations and external stakeholders.
- Manage FIA’s issues-management strategy and coordinate appropriate crisis response procedures as required.
- Coordinate, with the communications team, the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, and the FIA website.
- Provide secretariat support to the FIA Public Affairs Committee/Working Groups
- Liaise with and propose collaborative activities for national industry associations and external stakeholders.
- A degree or masters in a related field
- Minimum 5-years’ experience
- Experience for an industry association, F&B MNC or related organisation
- Exceptional negotiation skills with the ability to engage high level stakeholders
- Regional exposure to multiple Asian countries, languages and political systems
- Superb communication skills (verbal & written) in English
- Tact and diplomacy, with the ability to make professional, intuitive judgments
- A working knowledge of food policy, nutrition and food industry regulations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel
- Positive attitude, creative thinker and outstanding attention to detail
- Working hours: Mon-Fri 9am-6pm
- Location: Orchard
Interested and suitable candidates please forward your resume with your reason for leaving, current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
FIA issues regular e-bulletins with analysis on relevant food and beverage industry issues across the region. To subscribe to this service, please click here.