Food Industry Asia (FIA) is a non-profit industry organisation that was formed in 2010 to enable major food manufacturers to speak with one voice on complex issues such as food security, food safety and the harmonisation of standards. The organisation covers the whole of Asia, acting as a policy hub for national industry associations and affiliated groups to engage with public bodies and other stakeholders at a regional level.
At the heart of FIA’s philosophy lies a belief that the private sector can play a more positive role in civil society if it has a seat at the decision-making table. To this end, FIA uses science-based advocacy and industry best practice to help shape public policy in Asia. Our members are multi-national food companies who share common values on food safety, international competitiveness and the delivery of public health outcomes that are relevant to their products. Through FIA, they are committed to building relationships with governments and policy makers, either directly or through the existing network of local industry groups.
The Policy Communications Officer
is responsible for supporting FIA’s Policy strategy and driving delivery of key regional advocacy outcomes as determined each year by the FIA Council.
The Policy Communications Officer is required to prepare and maintain tailor-made communications tools and online services that add value to FIA members while supporting the FIA Policy Team to ensure communications output is fully aligned to the organisation’s advocacy priorities.
He/she will work closely with the FIA Policy team to manage essential website tools such as the FIA Country Tracker, Dashboard Policy toolkits and online news bulletins. He/she will also be responsible for preparing position statements, policy briefs, maintaining a stakeholder database, taking minutes at Committee meetings and developing printed collaterals for Policy outreach, and assisting with events.
FIA issues regular e-bulletins with analysis on relevant food and beverage industry issues across the region. To subscribe to this service, please click here
- Contribute to the design of tailor-made advocacy tools and collaborative activities for national industry associations and external stakeholders.
- Provide secretariat support to the FIA Public Affairs Committee and Working Groups as required.
- Maintain a stakeholder database, with all relevant contacts in Asia.
- To produce stakeholder maps for key countries in collaboration with National Associations.
- Support FIA’s issues-management strategy and crisis response procedures.
- Support the research, development, distribution, and maintenance of print and electronic communications including editorial responsibility for Policy related content on the FIA website, newsletters, alerts, position statements, toolkits, presentations, Country Tracker and Committee minutes.
- To help produce articles and opinion editorials related to key Policy areas
- Support collaborative activities with national industry associations and external stakeholders.
- Assist with the smooth running of FIA Committee meetings and events by maintaining attendance records, meeting notices and other communications material as required by the Policy team.
- Assist with communication projects as requested by the Head of Communications.
Skills and Experience
- A degree in political science, mass communications or other relevant subject
- At least two-year’s experience with an agency, industry association and/or F&B MNC
- Superb communication skills (verbal & written) in English. Proficiency in another Asian language will be preferred
- Ability to provide translation for Asian language communications materials
- Tact and diplomacy, with the ability to make professional, intuitive judgement
- Positive attitude, creative thinker and outstanding attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel
- A working knowledge of food policy and/or food science would be an advantage
- Working hours: Mon-Fri 9am-6pm
- Location:Orchard Road, Singapore
- Salary: S$3,500 - $4,500 monthly
Applicants that able to start within short notice will have added advantage. Interested and suitable candidates please forward your resume with your recent photograph and last drawn salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.