FIA was founded in 2010 to enable major food companies to speak with one voice principally in response to the region’s rapid economic growth and complex challenges in food safety, food security and regional trade policy.
As a non-profit society based in Singapore, FIA seeks to enhance the industry’s role as a trusted partner in the development of science-based food policy by offering a unique hub for advocacy and debate. Our members share common values on issues relating to food safety, regional development, and the responsible promotion of balanced diets and lifestyles. By bringing together the region’s most senior business leaders, FIA has earned its place as the leading think tank for the food industry in Asia and a valuable resource for those wishing to future-proof their businesses.
We are seeking a talented, charismatic nutritionist to work seamlessly at the interface of science and communications to enhance FIA’s profile as a regional policy hub. The Nutrition Communications Manager will be responsible for driving FIA’s regional nutrition projects and will work closely with the Membership & Communications Manager to ensure all output is aligned to the organisation’s goals.
Reporting to the Policy Director, the Nutrition Communications Manager is responsible for:
- Developing a rich pipeline of substantiated scientific articles for the FIA website.
- Creating reports and dossiers for FIA Council and Committees
- Attending regional meetings and conferences and reporting back with insightful analyses
- Providing secretariat services to the FIA Working Groups and Project Teams
- Coordinating meetings and events for internal and external project groups
- Maintaining a proactive relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- Creating PowerPoint presentations and project briefs for senior executives.
- Performing other tasks as requested by Directors to deliver the objectives of the organisation.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- BSc or MSc in Nutrition/Dietetics or relevant subject
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in the food industry in Asia, with a solid understanding of the nutrition and regulatory landscape
- Outstanding communicator. You need to translate scientific knowledge into relevant and credible messages. Strong copywriting skills are essential. Fluency in Mandarin (reading and writing) is preferable
- Outstanding project management skills. You must be a team player with strong cross-functional collaboration skills
- Tact and diplomacy, with the ability to make professional, intuitive judgments
- Positive attitude, creative thinker and outstanding attention to detail
- Remuneration: SGD 4.5K to 5K per month
- Working hours: Mon-Fri 9-6pm.
- Location: Orchard Rd, Singapore
- Travel: 20-30%, mainly Asia
Interested and suitable candidates please forward your resume and last drawn salary to [email protected]. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
FIA issues regular e-bulletins with analysis on relevant food and beverage industry issues across the region. To subscribe to this service, please click here.