FIA is a non-profit industry association and a leading advocate of the food industry in Asia. From our office in Singapore, we represent and promote the views of major food and drink companies throughout Asia, providing a regional hub for policy dialogue and development.
At the heart of FIA’s philosophy lies a belief that the private sector can play a more positive role in civil society if it has a seat at the table. To this end, FIA uses science-based advocacy and industry best practice to help solve complex problems in partnership with governments and other stakeholders in Asia.
Our members are multinational food companies and associations who share common values on food standards, international competitiveness and the delivery of public health outcomes that are relevant to their products. Through FIA, they are committed to working with policy makers in every country, either directly or through the existing network of local industry groups.
: Membership & Events Coordinator
: Policy Director
: Mon-Fri 9-6PM
: FIA Secretariat Office, 1 Scott’s Road, Singapore 228208
: Occasional, within Asia
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a highly organised and results-driven individual to coordinate our membership services and events to enhance our capability as the region’s premier food policy hub. Reporting to the Policy Director, the Membership & Events Coordinator
will be responsible for managing the Association’s regional meetings and events pipeline, and ensuring the successful delivery of FIA meetings, conferences, workshops and summits.
The successful candidate will manage and oversee a database of FIA Members’ contacts and use sophisticated online tools to ensure the smooth running of FIA’s weekly committee meetings and telephone conferences. These events are a fundamental part of FIA’s core services to Members and attract a high level of participation from senior executives from the food and drink industry across the Asia Pacific region.
The Membership & Events Coordinator will manage and coordinate FIA’s regional events, including the AGM and Conferences. He/she will become the Association’s primary contact with external contractors and events suppliers and will be required to oversee all aspects of FIA’s events capability, from concept and planning to execution and analysis. The role will require proactive relationship-building with multiple stakeholders and a close alignment with FIA’s Policy and Communications teams to ensure that output is fully aligned to the organisation’s goals.
- Oversee the planning, execution and post-event analysis of all FIA meetings & events
- Support the Policy team in the management of all Committee meetings and working groups
- Support the Executive Director in the management of Council meetings and the AGM
- Manage and maintain FIA’s membership database
- Co-ordinate regional events and conferences with other industry partners
- Design and implement special events to attract and recruit new members
- Manage enquiries and new Membership applications and oversee the smooth on-boarding of new representatives to Committees and Working Groups
- Identify other value-add events and services in line with strategic priorities
- Create and maintain a vendor database and negotiate favourable contracts
- Put in place metrics and tools for measuring and tracking members’ satisfaction
- Prepare timely, concise event reports for FIA Council and Committees
Skills and Experience
- Degree or diploma in Business Management, Marketing Communications or other relevant subject.
- 5-8 years’ experience in office administration and event management, preferably with an industry association or multinational company
- Exceptional organisation skills with outstanding attention to detail
- Proven negotiation skills with the ability to engage top quality service providers
- Superb communication skills (verbal & written), in English and preferably an additional language, such as Mandarin
- Tact and diplomacy, with the ability to make professional, intuitive judgments
- Positive attitude, creative thinker who thrives on meeting tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel
Applicants able to start within short notice will have added advantage. Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and last drawn salary to [email protected]
. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
FIA issues regular e-bulletins with analysis on relevant food and beverage industry issues across the region. To subscribe to this service, please click here.