The Regulatory Affairs Manager provides guidance and technical support to the organisation and its Committees. The role is to support the Executive Director and the Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager in terms of FIA’s ambition to be a leading authority on food science and regulatory developments in the region.
Based on his/her knowledge of food science and legislation, the RAM will be responsible for supporting with researching and formulating reports and position papers that will underpin the strategic objectives of the organisation. Once formulated, these positions will form the back bone of FIA's outreach and advocacy programme.
Main responsibilities include:
• Support the secretariat functions of the FIA Science & Technical Committee and providing technical guidance to other Committees and Working Groups as required;
• Develop / maintain database, reports on relevant (regional and national) regulatory developments on topics such as import/export certification, product registration, halal standards and certification requirement in Asian countries;
• Keep abreast of global regulatory developments that are relevant to FIA members, and render global and national policy developments into guidance for FIA Committees;
• Manage the FIA’s workstream on harmonisation / mutual recognition of halal food product standards / certification systems; coordinate with FIA members and external stakeholders including regulators and policy makers to advocate on priority areas for harmonisation in the region;
• Organise national and regional seminars and workshops on key regulatory topics and industry self-regulation;
• Support with the development and implementation of internal and external research projects with appropriate academic partners, including systematic literature reviews and national consumption surveys;
• Act as the liaison between FIA and external partners to coordinate projects relating to harmonisation of food standards and regulations in ASEAN region, monitor and report the delivery of harmonisation programmes.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• At least a Degree and 3 years of experience in the fields of Food Technology, Food Science and Nutrition, Food Safety and Quality Management, Agriculture or related field with an industry association, F&B MNC or related organisations.
• Strategic thinker and problem-solver with good analytical skills. A good understanding and experience in regional integration of food safety related standards to facilitate trade in food products.
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills, passion for scientific integrity, self-starter and able to work independently as well as in a team.
• Well-versed in global and regional Halal requirements including certification and latest development and how this pertains to the regions’ Muslim community.
• Good command of Bahasa Indonesian preferred.
• Regional exposure to multiple ASEAN countries and languages.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel.
• Coverage of the Region: ASEAN and other Asian countries
• Working hours: Full time (Mon-Fri, 9-6pm)
• Location: Orchard
Interested and suitable candidates please forward your resume with your recent photograph, reason for leaving and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.