What we’re looking for
The Food Safety Manager (FSM)
provides technical support to the organisation and its Committees of FIA. The role is to support the Executive Director and the Head of Scientific & Regulatory Affairs (SRA) in FIA’s ambition to be a leading industry organisation on food safety capacity building and integration of food safety standards and regulations in the region in order to raise the region’s competitiveness of the food industry and to facilitate trade.
Based on the knowledge of food safety and related legislations, the FSM will primarily be responsible for engaging with key external and internal stakeholders in the region, managing food safety capacity building and harmonisation projects for the organisation, advocating on key food safety issues that are faced by FIA members in the region, and other supportive roles required within the organisation.
Main responsibilities include:
The ideal candidate should have the following knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Provide Secretariat support and technical information to FIA Committees and Working Groups on food safety related issues.
- Develop and maintain tools, database, and technical reports for monitoring and analysing regional trend of emerging food safety issues (e.g. risk communication, e-commerce), food safety policy and regulatory development.
- Support the organisation with the development and implementation of internal and external research projects on food safety and trade related topics with appropriate academic partners, including literature reviews and surveys.
- Manage and deliver on key food safety and regulatory capacity building programmes in partnership with FIA members and external stakeholders.
- Maintain the engagement in key platforms such as the World Bank, Asia Development Bank, Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC), ASEAN, and Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Forum to provide industry’s inputs, deliver industry positions, and form public-private partnership on food safety capacity building.
- Participate and present in key seminars and conferences to represent on industry initiatives or provide technical expertise on capacity building and food safety training programmes.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in Food Safety, Agriculture, Development or related field with an industry association, F&B MNC or related organisations
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- A good understanding and experience in regional integration of food safety regulations to facilitate trade
- Strong coordination, planning, problem-solving and project management skills
- Strong communications and good inter-personal skills, self-starter and able to work independently as well as in a team
- Able to travel regionally
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel
- Coverage of the Region: ASEAN countries, Greater China, India, Korea, Japan, and other Asian countries
- Working hours: Full time (Mon-Fri, 9-6pm)
- Location: Orchard
Interested and suitable candidates please forward your resume with your recent photograph, reason for leaving and expected salary to email@example.com
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
FIA issues regular e-bulletins with analysis on relevant food and beverage industry issues across the region. To subscribe to this service, please click here