The Food Safety Manager (FSM) provides technical support to Food Industry Asia (FIA) and its Committees. The role supports the Executive Director and the Head of Scientific & Regulatory Affairs (SRA) in FIA’s objective to be a leading industry organisation in food safety capacity-building, as well as the integration of food safety standards and regulations in the region, in order to raise the competitiveness of the region’s food industry and to facilitate trade.
Based on his or her knowledge of food safety and related legislations, the FSM will primarily be responsible for engaging with key external and internal stakeholders in the region, managing food safety capacity-building and harmonisation projects for the organisation, advocating key food safety issues that are faced by FIA members in the region, and providing any other support required within the organisation.
Main responsibilities include:
• Manage and deliver on key food safety capacity-building and harmonisation projects in the organisation in partnership with FIA members and external stakeholders;
• Provide Secretariat support and technical information to various FIA Committees and Working Groups on food safety-related issues;
• Develop and maintain tools for monitoring and analysing regional and national food safety policy and regulatory developments;
• Participate and present in key seminars and conferences to represent the organisation within the area of industry self-regulation, or provide technical expertise on capacity-building and food safety training programmes;
• Maintain the engagement and delivery of industry positions on key platforms, such as the Global Food Safety Partnership (GFSP), Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC), ASEAN, Asia-Pacific Economic Forum (APEC) and the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP).
• Support the organisation with the development and implementation of internal and external research projects with appropriate academic partners, including systematic literature reviews and surveys.
• Undertake any ad-hoc projects or duties as required.
The ideal candidate should have the following knowledge, skills and attributes:
• At least a bachelor’s degree in a related field
• At least 5 years of experience in food safety, quality management, agriculture or a related field with an industry association, F&B MNC or other related organisations
• A good understanding of, and experience in regional integration of food safety-related standards to facilitate trade in food products
• Strong leadership, planning, problem-solving and project management skills
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills; a self-starter who is able to work independently, as well as in a team
• Able to travel regionally
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
• Coverage of the region: ASEAN countries, Greater China, India, Korea, Japan and other Asian countries
• Working hours: Full time (Mon-Fri, 9-6pm)
• Location: Orchard
Interested and suitable candidates: Please forward your résumé, along with a recent photograph, reason for leaving your previous job and expected salary to email@example.com
. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.