Job title: Event Coordinator (contract position)
Reports to: Events and Membership Manager
We are seeking a highly organised and results-driven individual to coordinate our events and membership services to enhance our capability as the region’s premier food policy hub. Reporting to the Events and Membership Manager, the Event Coordinator will assist in the managing the Association’s regional meetings and events pipeline, and ensuring the successful delivery of FIA meetings, conferences, workshops and summits.
The successful candidate will assist in the management of the database of FIA Members’ contacts and use sophisticated online tools to ensure the smooth running of FIA’s weekly committee meetings and telephone conferences. These events are a fundamental part of FIA’s core services to Members and attract a high level of participation from senior executives from the food and drink industry across the Asia Pacific region.
The Event Coordinator will provide support for FIA’s regional events, including the Annual General Meeting, Members’ Meetings and Conferences.
• Assist in ensuring proactive planning, communication and scheduling of a wide variety of events including annual events, dinner programs, networking events, and ad hoc meetings/events
• Assist in the program content development for events, solicit sponsors, create and coordinate the drafting/distribution of promotional materials
• Assist in managing pre and on-site registration (tracking via database, generating reports and producing attendee badges) for all events and programs
• Work with the Events and Membership Manager to plan and execute all marketing activities necessary to ensure successful events
• Participate in planning committee meetings including distributing agenda and taking minutes
• Monitor the special events content on the website and social media sites to ensure they are updated
• Secure equipment and rentals as needed, set-up, tear-down, and help coordination of overall event execution
• Take on a variety of administrative projects and day-to-day tasks including mailings, assembly projects, and filing
• Prepare agendas and documents, collect materials, and complete background research in preparation for meetings, presentations, conferences and other events
• Collect past event information including data and pictures and produce additional event reports as needed/requested
• Manage pre- and post-event mailings
• Support the Events and Membership Manager with reconciliation of the Events budget as required
• Assist with the design and ordering of collateral materials
• Manage and maintain FIA’s membership database
• Other duties as assigned
Skills and experience:
• Possess Higher NITEC or a suitable Diploma in any discipline with 1-year working experience
• Possess good organisational and communication skills, self-starter and able to work independently as well as in a team.
• Positive attitude, creative thinker and outstanding attention to detail
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
• Able to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Able to commit to work full-time till 31 May 2018
• Working hours: Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm
• Location: 1 Scotts Road, Shaw Centre #19-07/08, Singapore 228208
• Applicants able to start within short notice will have added advantage
Interested and suitable candidates please forward your resume with your recent photograph and last drawn salary to email@example.com
. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.