What we’re looking for
Main responsibilities include:
We are seeking a highly organised and results-driven individual to coordinate our events and membership services to enhance our capability as the region’s premier food policy hub. Reporting to the Events and Membership Manager, the Events Coordinator will assist in the managing the Association’s regional meetings and events pipeline, and ensuring the successful delivery of FIA meetings, conferences, workshops and summits.
The successful candidate will assist in the management of the database of FIA Members’ contacts and use sophisticated online tools to ensure the smooth running of FIA’s weekly committee meetings and telephone conferences. These events are a fundamental part of FIA’s core services to Members and attract a high level of participation from senior executives from the food and drink industry across the Asia Pacific region.
The Events Coordinator will provide support in FIA’s regional events, including the Annual General Meeting, Members’ Meetings and Conferences.
The ideal candidate should have the following knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Assist in proactive planning, communication and scheduling of a wide variety of events including annual events, dinner programs, networking events, and ad hoc meetings/events
- Assist in research for program content development for events and soliciting for potential sponsors
- Assist in the creation and coordination for the design, drafting and distribution of events marketing and meeting materials
- Assist in managing pre and on-site registration (tracking via database, generating reports and producing attendee badges) for all events and programs
- Work with the Events and Membership Manager to plan and execute all marketing activities necessary to ensure successful events
- Participate in planning committee meetings including distributing agenda and taking minutes
- Monitor the special events content on the website and social media sites to ensure they are updated
- Secure equipment and rentals as needed, set-up, tear-down, and help coordination of overall event execution
- Take on a variety of administrative projects and day-to-day tasks including mailings, assembly projects, and filing
- Prepare agendas and documents, collect materials, and complete background research in preparation for meetings, presentations, conferences and other events
- Collect past event information including data and pictures and produce additional event reports as needed/requested
- Manage pre and post event mailings
- Support the Events and Membership Manager with reconciliation of the Events budget as required
- Manage and maintain FIA’s membership database
- Any other duties as assigned
- Possess Higher NITEC or a suitable Diploma in any discipline with 1 year working experience
- Possess good organisational and communication skills, self-starter and able to work independently as well as in a team
- Positive attitude, creative thinker and outstanding attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel. (Adobe Photoshop and Indesign is a plus)
- Able to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Working hours: Mon-Fri 9am-6pm
- Location: Orchard Rd, Singapore
- Applicants able to start within short notice will have added advantage
Interested and suitable candidates please forward your resume with your recent photograph and last drawn salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
FIA issues regular e-bulletins with analysis on relevant food and beverage industry issues across the region. To subscribe to this service, please click here